Who We Are
NJ Transfer is funded by the New Jersey Presidents' Council and maintained by the New Jersey Statewide Transfer Initiative.
NJ Transfer understands the importance of protecting, securing, and using information appropriately. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards for the data collected.
At this time, we only store individual courses and/or grades entered as a result of using the 'Transcript Evaluation' functions. NJ Transfer does not store any identifiable personal information.
Internet Privacy Practices
- Web site Privacy
The NJ Transfer Internet servers automatically recognize and record the domain name from which you access the Internet, and the names of the pages you select while visiting the NJ Transfer Web site. The NJ Transfer Internet servers do not extract or store your electronic mail address. The information automatically recognized and recorded is not personally identifiable and is used to improve the content of the NJ Transfer Web site and make it more useful.
- Important Notice
The IP addresses, along with the dates and times, of visitors attempting to enter an unauthorized area of NJ Transfer to add, delete, or modify data on NJ Transfer will be recorded and stored for possible investigation.
- Internet Security
NJ Transfer uses Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology, also known as SSL, to protect specific information sent over the Internet. SSL encrypts transmissions between two parties and verifies the Web site server you are using to communicate. An "s" after the "http" in a Web site's address indicates that you are attached to a secure server using SSL technology. Additionally, on your browser's address/search bar, a picture of a lock or a key should appear, indicating that the communication between your browser and the server is encrypted.
- What are cookies? Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies on New Jersey Transfer We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website.
Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information. However, personal information that New Jersey Transfer stores about you may be linked, by New Jersey Transfer, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. The cookies used on the website include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies), and remember your choices (functionality cookies).
- to recognize your computer when you visit the website
- to track you as you navigate the website, and to enable the retain certain choices
- to improve the website's usability
- to analyze the use of the website
- in the administration of the website
To Further Protect Your Privacy
While exploring the links offered through NJ Transfer's website, please be aware that other online information sites, educational institutions, third-party Internet sites, and third-party services have separate privacy and data collection policies and practices that are independent of and may differ from our own. NJ Transfer is not responsible or liable for these independent policies and practices. Please ensure you review them and decide whether or not they satisfactorily protect your rights.
These Internet Privacy Practices were last updated May 17, 2021, and replace any previous Internet Privacy Practices from NJ Transfer. Amendments may be made to our Internet Privacy Practices at any time. When a change is made, a revised version of our practices will be posted on the NJ Transfer website and are effective the date they are posted. Please ensure you review these Internet Privacy Practices regularly to be aware of any such changes. Continued use of the NJ Transfer website indicates agreement to our current terms and any such changes.